Disclosure: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links.
US brand Oaki (pronounced oak-y like the tree) produces their own line of high quality cold-weather and wet-weather gear for children. I recently purchased snow boots for my kids there and decided to review my shopping experience.
Besides snow boots, Oaki also stocks big boy, big girl, and toddler rain suits in one- and two-piece styles, ski jackets, gloves and much more – including sun suits for skin protection while at the pool in the summer. So, pretty much any specialty clothing you need for all climates is covered.
My shopping experience
My kids had outgrown their old snow boots, so I purchased new ones online from Oaki. I loved the styles on their store catalog, and they were within an affordable price point. I could see a clear commitment to quality both from the way the products looked and from the story of the company, which was reassuring. This impression turned out to be correct when the snow boots arrived: they were well-made and of high quality.
I found sizing for snow boots to run just a little small (especially if your kids wear thick socks or double-pairs of thin socks), so if your child is between shoe sizes I suggest ordering the next size up.
Without further ado, here are the pros and cons of Oaki, based on my shopping experience there:
- A good range of products with attractive color choices
- Excellent sizing chart information
- Reasonable pricing, particularly for snow boots
- Ships worldwide
- Cheap shipping to US delivery addresses
- Checkout is straightforward; pay by PayPal or credit card
- High quality product
- At the time of writing, standard shipping charges for US addresses were a little unclear in the shipping info page (although at least shown clearly in the cart before payment). The good news: shipping turned out to be very cheap for US orders under $75; I paid only $4.99 shipping on my order, and you get free shipping on orders over $75.
- Kid sizes (at least for snow boots) typically go from little toddler to about 10 years old; I would have liked to see much larger sizes included here too, but this is a minor criticism.
- No shipping notification email was sent. Not a big deal, the item shipped really fast and there were no problems at all with my order. It just would have been more reassuring to see a notification when my order was dispatched from their warehouse.
The negatives were very minor and did not detract from my overall shopping experience.
Oaki is a reliable legitimate seller of children’s outerwear. Their items are stylish yet affordable, and it’s fun for kids to be able to have a bit of outdoor play time every day, even if the weather is not perfect.
And my kids? They loved their new snow boots. I can attest these Oaki snow boots kept my children’s feet dry and warm while sledding and playing in the snow.