Disclosure: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links.
For the past two years I’ve purchased my children’s Halloween outfits from Trendy Halloween, and I decided it was time to write a review. Based on my experiences ordering from them, here are the pros and cons of Trendy Halloween.
- Excellent selection
- Low price points available. Compared to other online Halloween stores, Trendy Halloween was cheaper. You’ll see a big range of price points, but there is still plenty of selection at the affordable end, if you have a tight budget.
- Ability to sort results by price from low to high – no need for me (or my kids) to even look at items that are over my budget! If that’s less of an issue for you, you can also choose to sort by “best-selling” or other popular criteria.
- Good quality – the low price points at first made me wonder if the quality was less than what I’d find at “big-box” stores, but actually, the quality is the same or better. Also, my items arrived nicely packaged, each fully enclosed in a plastic storage pouch for good protection, not with the material swinging loose like it does on store racks.
- Parent-and-child costumes are available; group costumes too if your whole family would like to have a theme (for example, Alice in Wonderland).
- Product description states clearly what is and is not included in the package. No guessing, confusion or disappointment like you can experience at other places!
- Well-organized categories if you’d like to browse for inspiration; easily searchable if you’re looking for something more specific.
- Standard sizes for children and adults. Sizing is exactly the same system as the Halloween costumes you’d normally buy in the “big box” stores, so it’s easy to know what size to order.
- Fast shipping within the US.
- Ships to over 100 different countries (although based in the US, therefore orders to other countries can take much longer to arrive).
- More than just Halloween costumes – you can find all kinds of costumes, for example Renaissance wear for your kids too, which is great if you’re selecting a costume for double duty as Halloween wear and Renaissance wear. This strategy can save you money by buying one costume instead of two.
- More than just costumes: you can get everything Halloween: accessories, house decorations, car decorations for Trunk-and-Treats, and so much more.
- The site looks better on computer and laptop than on mobile. You can use it just fine on mobile but it’s not as pretty. This was not a big concern, but I still feel it’s something they could improve on.
- Different sizes often have different prices. This can be a little frustrating at times.
- No ability to filter items by size. In my mind, this is a big omission, since I typically only want to look at costumes that are available in the sizes we need. That said, this is partly offset by their tendency to do a reasonable job keeping the different sizes in stock – except for their clearance items which are typically only available in one particular size.
Trendy Halloween is a reliable and legitimate Halloween costume store. I’ve purchased from them for the past two years and have been very satisfied with their products. We’re shopping there again this Halloween!