It's finally summer, and this year things are getting closer to normal than last year. So here are a set of links for maximum summer fun!
Budget-friendly ways to have tons of fun
- Try some of these cheap or free summer activities to do with your kids.
- Take a look at 7 ways your family can save money on your regular expenses without sacrificing fun. You can put all of these ideas into practice this summer.
- Don't forget about rainy days! Find out here the best places to get cheap new and used books online for your kids - and for you too!
Summer fashion and style
- No need to get your kids two pairs of sandals, one for the splash playground and one for everyday - you just need this one pair for wet and dry conditions.
- Don't forget sandals for you! Here are some gorgeous sandals for summer 2021 that are still comfortable to wear for on-the-go moms of young kids.
- I've also covered Gymboree's kids spring and summer style trends for 2021.
Getting back into socializing
Have a great summer! Enjoy it, and try to aim for a good balance between family time and playdates. It's normal to have a bit of initial anxiety when going back into socializing, but start with something and work your way up. Have the playdate with just one friend over first - after that is the time to have several of your child's friends over at once, for example.
Also, embrace spontaneity. It's OK to text a few friends spur-of-the-moment one weekend to see if people want to meet up at the playground. We're so used to having to plan everything out over the past year that it might be hard to embrace spontaneity. But don't be shy. In all likelihood, everyone else will be thrilled to have these normal spontaneous summer moments too.