Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. This helps keep this website running.
Where do I find Zote soap, and what is it anyway?
Zote soap is a key ingredient of many home-made laundry detergent recipes. It is not, however, particularly easy to find.
Zote soap is a laundry soap and will therefore be found in the laundry aisle of the store, not with the bath soaps (although it looks similar to a bath soap in appearance and packaging). A bar of Zote soap has a distinctive logo and most commonly comes in a 14.1 oz size - like a supersize version of a bath soap. It comes in three colors; pink, blue and white. Of these, pink Zote soap has in years past been the most commonly used version. But now a newer version has come out to make it easier for your laundry detergent needs: flakes of white Zote soap.
It really doesn't matter too much which you use; either way your clothes will get clean! The flaked variety will save you time by eliminating the need for you to grate the soap while making your home-made laundry detergent, but is even harder to find than the regular Zote soap
Where to find Zote soap in-store
Stores which commonly stock Zote soap in-store:
- Major discount retail stores (‘big box’ type of stores)
- Grocery stores
- Local smaller stores (e.g. a local independently owned general store)
- Hispanic or international specialty grocery stores
- The cleaning products aisle of hardware stores
Because Zote soap is made in Mexico, many Hispanic people are familiar with this brand. Therefore, you are more likely to find Zote soap in stores located in areas where there is a higher percentage of Hispanic population.
If you can’t find Zote soap in the above list of physical storefronts closest to you, don’t worry. You can still track down Zote soap in other ways shown below.
Where to find Zote soap online
The best-known major retailer which sells Zote soap online is Amazon. Price and shipping will vary. Here you can browse the selection of Zote soaps on Amazon.com.
Did you know?
- Zote soap is made in Mexico. It is non-toxic and is made of coconut oil, beef tallow, sodium chloride, glycerin, optical brighteners, coloring (in the case of blue and pink Zote soap) and essential citronella oil.
- Zote soap was originally designed for hand-washing but works equally well for machine washing when grated, or as a stain remover by simply rubbing the solid bar onto stains.
It is not always straightforward to find Zote soap in all areas of the US, but this go-to resource will help you find it.